SLEEP MATTERS • TIPS TO SLEEPING MORE SOUNDLY
Sleep is critical to good health, higher levels of energy and to support every day functioning. Like many of us, it's been a challenge to sleep lately with our current state of affairs.
In addition to success that many have had using ABLE's all-natural sleep strips which naturally nurture healthy sleep and aid to fall asleep easily, sleep soundly and wake refreshed), we also practice many of these strategies (adapted from The Mayo Clinic) for better sleep.
- Minimize light and sound.
- Get comfortable. Since adults spend about a third of our lives asleep, it's we are comfortable (things like good mattresses, dark rooms, lowering the home thermostat a few degrees may help).
- Keep a routine. Just like kids, adults sleep better when they have a bedtime routine.
- Manage stress. How you handle stress can play a significant role in your ability to fall and stay asleep. Use aromatherapy, deep breathing, keeping a gratitude journal or meditation.
- Get out of bed. Don't stay in bed if you cannot sleep., get out of bed and do something that will promote relaxation.
Make sleep a priority.
*GIF compliments of Technology of Sleep